Wednesday, June 10, 2020

WIP Wednesday - Summer Sampler 2020

Are you sewing along with Summer Sampler 2020 hosted by Swim Bike Quilt, Lee Heinrich, and Fresh Lemon Quilts?

I bought my pattern just before the first block was released.  I assumed I had the necessary Kona in my stash....I was wrong.  So I'm going to substitute some colours based on what is in my stash.

This is Block 1 Trellis, using Kona Berry (instead of Cerise), Aqua, Acid Lime (instead of Cactus), and Snow.  The blocks are all 12.5 inches unfinished.

And did you know you can buy orange masking tape??  Yes please!!


This is Block 2 Infinite Pinwheels.  I used Kona Snow, Breakers (instead of Oasis), Celestial, Acid Lime (instead of Cactus), and Peapod.


I used my Bloc Loc HST ruler for both these blocks.  It makes trimming so much easier.


So now I'm caught up and waiting for Block 3 to be released next week.


Linking up with:

Midweek Makers @ Quilt Fabrication
Wednesday Wait Loss @ The Inquiring Quilter


8 comments:

  1. I like the colours you are using, they make the quilt more you. Orange tape leave it to you to find it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The substitutions look great, Anja, and I'm starting to wonder how big your Kona stash is! :)

    Orange tape? I purchase lime green tape which is also a fun punch of color, but I haven't seen orange (but I've also not been anywhere but the grocery store for 90 days and I'm sure I can search it out on the internet... Hmmm, rabbit hole here I come!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good, Anja. No, I am not participating in the QAL but I will be cheering you on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You get so much done AND you work full-time... These are so clean and crisp. No, I'm not sewing along, so many other things to work on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that first block. It looks plaid. Really nice colors you have used so far. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now where did you find orange masking tape? Does it come in pink???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your blocks! This will be a pretty sampler. And that orange masking tape! Yes, please!!!! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.