Friday, August 28, 2020

TGIFF - Little Girl Skirts

I am hoping to be travelling next weekend to visit my nieces.  Fingers crossed that work cooperates and that we're not affected by hurricanes.

I made skirts during my last visit, and I promised I would make more.  Aliyah loved the skirt and wore it to bed, but Miah was not impressed.

The skirts are reversible.  This print is from the Woodland collection by Natalie Lymer of Cinderberry Stitches for Lecien.


I thought taking photos of quilts was difficult...skirts are even more difficult.

I didn't have enough of the turquoise fabric for the waistband for the second skirt.


I didn't sew the ends of the elastic together as I want to measure the girls to make sure I have the right size.

I also have the print in yellow and red.  I think I'm going to use the yellow print with a red solid to make another reversible skirt pattern where the waistband matches each side of the skirt.


I'm linking up with:

Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday @ Kathleen McMusing
Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Finished or Not Friday @ Alycia Quilts
Needle and Thread Thursday @ My Quilt Infatuation
Brag About Your Beauties @ From Bolt to Beauty
Friday Foto Fun @ Powered by Quilting 


11 comments:

  1. I hope it all works out and you get time with your nieces next weekend. I also hope they both like the skirts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute skirts and lucky nieces! Hoping the stars align for your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The skirt is cute! You are one special auntie!!!
    I like it where the waistband doesn't match the skirt ... but that's just my opinion! :-) You could do all sorts of things ... like have the yellow woodland be the red woodland's waistband and vs versa ... such fun!
    Hope your trip goes as planned!
    Happy skirt making! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those skirts are adorable! Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty skirts! The fabric is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute skirts! I really, really love that yellow and that red fabric. I really hope your plans work out. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The skirts are sweet! I hope you get to go for your visit this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. the skirts are lovely. when I got my little granddaughter I had great plans to make her clothes, but of course I haven't! I hope you dont get the hurricane, that's all we need

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have gone to comment on this quite a few times, but finally I am back. Those skirts are so sweet and I do hope you got to see the little ones. Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so adorable. If I could I would totally wear these everywhere :-)
    I am sure your nieces will be excited to see you. Stay safe, Anja.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just so very adorable! Such fun to see them in action on Instagram too! Glad you got to finally spend time with them even if you need a few days holiday to recuperate lol. Can't wait to see them in these skirts!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.