Friday, August 21, 2020

TGIFF - Criss Cross

Back in May, I shared my Criss Cross quilt top.  I tested the Criss Cross pattern for Sherry @ Powered by Quilting, but I didn't get the top quilted until now.


I quilted an all-over stipple in light grey thread.


I used the last of the turquoise Prism wideback by Studio e Fabrics that I was hoarding.


The above photos were taken mid afternoon.  The next two photos were taken about an hour before the sun began to set.  I read recently that just before sunset is a great time to take photos.  I think I prefer a little earlier in the day with a bit more sun/brightness.


I'm slowly making my way through the pile of unquilted tops.  I think there are ten remaining. 😲

Sherry released some great new patterns earlier this year.  You can purchase them out here.


I'm linking up with:

Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday @ Musings of a Menopausal Melon
Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Finished or Not Friday @ Alycia Quilts
Needle and Thread Thursday @ My Quilt Infatuation
Brag About Your Beauties @ From Bolt to Beauty
Friday Foto Fun @ Powered by Quilting 
UFO Busting @ Tish's Adventures in Wonderland

10 comments:

  1. You are definitely making great progress in finishing up your quilt tops this year, Anja. Do you think you will be purchasing more of the prism wide backing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really cute quilt. Yea! for making progress on your finished tops. Love that you horde backing fabric too. I think I have enough for 3 more quilts.... then I'll need to figure something else out or, gasp!, buy some more wide backs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pattern and colors. Would be great for a boy. Backing takes up so much fabric. Gotta get it when the price is right and wait for the right quilt. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely quilt and yeah for getting some of those quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a really unique one!! All the movement is so cool! and yay!! for catching up!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on finishing up your test quilt, Anja! I'm sure it feels SEW good to have it off your (needle) plate. :o))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anja, this quilt is beautiful!!! Love it!
    I agree with you about taking photos before sunset. I find that the colours are often washed out then.
    Happy Quilting! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like this - the colours are just beautiful and I love that backing! Good luck and have fun working through that pile of tops to be quilted. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great finish. You are ambitious-only 10 tops to quilt ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful finish Anja! Weird, I thought I'd commented on the post; I know I saw it on IG too, because of the backing! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.