Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Dust Off an Old Book Blog Hop

Once again, Bea @ Beaquilter is hosting the Dust Off an Old Book Blog Hop.  I participated last year and made my version of the Redwork pattern from The Modern Quilt Workshop by Weeks Ringle and Bill Kerr.

I don't have many quilt books, so I choose a project from the Quilt in a Day GO! Qube book by Eleanor Burns that came with my Ready. Set. GO! Accuquilt cutting system.




I choose the Louisana project and used my Accuquilt to cut all the pieces.  I used Kona:  Sprout, Orchid Ice, and Peony.


The bonus of using the Accuquilt to cut the pieces, they all fit together nicely, and there is no trimming needed.


I decided to handpiece this project.  It gives me the opportunity to be creative in the evenings when I'm too tired to sit at the sewing machine.


I did big stitch hand quilting using perle cotton.  I started out stitching the purple triangles.  I was undecided on the green rectangles, but thought I could continue the triangle theme but didn't factor in the bottom of the triangle.  But I liked the effect.  I attempted a triangle in the small pink triangles, but I managed not to have distinct points at the top of the triangle, so it looks like curved stitching.


When I choose the Kona colours, I thinking spring and Easter.  I used Kona Canary for the binding.  This finishes 16 inches.



This is the list of bloggers participating in the blog hop this week:

Monday, March 1






10 comments:

  1. A happy spring piece, I love the big stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bright and beautiful! Your hand quilting is perfect, and really looks like the pinwheels are curved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A baeutiful projet. Hand piecing in the evening is alway good. Your hand quilting really sets it off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go! Love that you used the Accquilt book and cutter...so smart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea to use that book. I love that you handstitched it all and used spring colors to make us all smile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahh I should have known it was from that book :) a great project and love your quilting on it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your big stitch quilting! It looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to make use of that book AND your cutter, Anja!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really lovely Anja! Your “rounded” big stitches give the piecing so much movement - reminds me of wind blowing on pinwheels.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful, Anja! I love the movement the big stitch quilting gives it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.