Wednesday, May 12, 2021

WIP Wednesday - Harmony Hand Pieced Update

Did you sew along with Patty @ Elm Street Quilts and Kristin @ Simple Handmade Everyday for their annual hand pieced QAL?  They offer great tutorials and videos if you're new to hand piecing.

I found Wonderfil Invisafil 100 wt thread to be awesome for piecing.  I had a spool of brown thread, but it blended well with the Kona Grapemist, Lemon, Bright Pink, and Chartreuse.


These four blocks create a great design.


Add in some flying geese and triangle blocks.


Those blocks were pieced together for the last sections for the wall hanging.


And here's everything pieced together.


And as is the norm...time to figure out a quilting plan and thread colour.  I'm going to use perle cotton to do some big stitch hand quilting.




Linking up with:

Midweek Makers @ Quilt Fabrication
Wednesday Wait Loss @ The Inquiring Quilter


8 comments:

  1. Lovely piece and I think big stitching will look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Striking combination of colors and designs. I really like it! And yes, I think the big stitching will add interest and be perfect for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It came together beautifully. I was hoping you were planning for hand quilting; yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great design, great colours! I look forward to seeing it quilted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful. I'll have to see what size Wonderfil thread I have. I've never thought of it for piecing. Might have to give it a try. Love the sharp lines of both design and color. Excellent piece. How big is it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely quilt! Can't wait to see that big stitch quilting. I need to do that with a quilt some day. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.