Friday, May 21, 2021

TGIFF - Harmony Hand Pieced QAL

Thanks to Patty @ Elm Street Quilts and Kristin @ Simple Handmade Everyday for another great hand-pieced pattern and QAL.

This finishes at 28 inches.  I used Kona Grapemist (background), Lemon, Bright Pink, and Chartreuse.


I did machine stitch the binding to the front but hand stitched it to the back.


I used matching perle cotton, but in the corners, I stitched a line of each of the four colours.


I found a fun print in my stash to use for the backing.


I enjoy big stitch quilting on small projects like this.



I used my favourites:

I'm linking up with:

Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday @ Alycia Quilts
Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Finished or Not Friday @ Alycia Quilts
Needle and Thread Thursday @ My Quilt Infatuation
Brag About Your Beauties @ From Bolt to Beauty
Friday Foto Fun @ Powered by Quilting 

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I like the big stitching and the use of the four colours in the corners is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors in this! And the big stitch quilting has such fun texture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colours are just beautiful Anja - and your hand quilting is so good!! Do you use a hoop when you hand quilt small quilts like this one?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! Your hand quilting adds just the right special touch! Thanks for quilting with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love getting to see the texture your hand quilting adds in the next to last photo. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely finish! I love the colors and the hand quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful finish!!! I love how you did the big stitch quilting with different colours! Looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your color choices here! And the border with the little bits of extra color! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Boy I really really like how that turned out!! the hand quilting is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I see your hand quilting (big stitch) I want to DrEAMi... I really need to do this, and I really need to try hand-piecing. This entire piece is gorgeous Anja. I hope you're keeping it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the color placement on your version and the stitching turned out great, Anja!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful job - love the colors you picked. The quilting looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.