Friday, June 4, 2021

TGIFF - Bokeh Finish

It took me some time to make a decision on quilting, but I've finished my Bokeh quilt from the QAL hosted by Yvonne @ Quilting Jetgirl.


I used Kona Storm, Blueprint, Quicksilver, Chartreuse, and Natural.


I had taken a walking foot quilting class from Melissa Marginet and decided to try one of the grid patterns in her book.  However, it didn't turn out as I had planned.  I quilted a star pattern; however, the star is not easily seen.  I highlighted two portions with red lines so you can see the star pattern.  But in the end, I do like the overall effect, and the great design in the centre.


I used a light green (Lucid Pear) thread.  I had to quilt this on my Singer domestic because I barely had enough of the awesome backing fabric.


This was another great QAL hosted by Yvonne.  Her patterns never disappoint.



I used my favourites:

I'm linking up with:

Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday @ Quilting Gail
Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Finished or Not Friday @ Alycia Quilts
Needle and Thread Thursday @ My Quilt Infatuation
Brag About Your Beauties @ From Bolt to Beauty
Friday Foto Fun @ Powered by Quilting 

10 comments:

  1. The colors just glow in that last photograph. I love the texture the quilting gave the quilt, and like you said, the motif in the center really pops. Thanks for sewing along in the quilt along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! The colors are fabulous and the quilting is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this and I think the star quilting design is perfect and you did such a great job with the Bokeh Quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great quilt. Your choice of colors really work. And how cool is that backing fabric. Overall and excellent finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilting is beautiful! Love the colours you used and that backing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This turned out so nice! I really like the quilting. And you’re right - Yvonne’s patterns and sew-along never disappoint! 😀

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your color choices look great. The backing fabric is absolutely perfect, but it is the quilting that makes it really special. The stars give it a great texture and the middle has terrific movement.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great, Anja! I love the quilting! And the backing is perfect!
    Thanks for linking to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow!!!! This is just a stunner!! and your quilting really makes it shine - I think all the lines just make everything pop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your version Anja! And that is a cool walking foot design; saw the star you outlined on Instagram. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.