Friday, May 14, 2021

TGIFF - Modern Plus Sampler

 This is the final UFO that I finished over the Christmas break.  I sewed along for the Modern Plus Sampler QAL hosted by Cheryl @ Meadow Mist Designs and Paige @ Quilted Blooms.


I finished this top back in March 2019.  It finishes at 62 x 70 inches.


I used Kona Sky, Nautical, Tiger Lily, and Saffron.  I quilted an all-over stipple in Pumpkin thread by Connecting Threads.  Now that the Canadian dollar is improving, it might be time to order more thread.


I'm slowly depleting my stash of Hobbs Heirloom Premium 80/20 batting.  It has been difficult to purchase from Michaels, so I'm glad I had a huge stash from when they used to offer 50% off coupons.



I'm linking up with:

Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday @ Slice of PI Quilts
Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Finished or Not Friday @ Alycia Quilts
Needle and Thread Thursday @ My Quilt Infatuation
Brag About Your Beauties @ From Bolt to Beauty
Friday Foto Fun @ Powered by Quilting 

7 comments:

  1. Oh, that backing is so perfect for the quilt! Hooray on working through your backlog. I hope the recent basement issue hasn't made a huge line of them for you to work through again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quilt! My hobbs batting is in serious decline, and it is not available at Michaels at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Anja! I really like the colours and you’re making me want to make another quilt from their book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your bright, beautiful finish, Anja!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my - this one is so cool!!! Those colors are so graphic and bold!! love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woah! This is a beauty -- it was worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michael's isn't going to carry Hobbs anymore; Stephanie told me :-( I will ask what other Canadian supplier carries it. I saw this on My Quilt Infatuation. It is a gorgeous finish. Gosh you've been über-productive! Love that orange back!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.