Saturday, May 15, 2021

Pattern Testing - Woven

Last year, I tested a new pattern for Cindy @ Stitchin at Home.  And it's being released today.  Stop by to see Cindy's version and to get a copy of the Woven pattern.

I made the baby size and used Kona Highlight and Magenta.

Dena is behind the quilt.

These photos were taken at Blue Rocks, Lunenburg, Nova Scotia.


There are a lot of photos.  It's an amazing spot to do a photo shoot.


It was a beautiful August day (when we were allowed to gather with distancing).  The morning started out with Dena and I for a quick visit and ended up being an entire day of adventure with Linda and Beth.


Are you still here?  There are more photos.

I did deviate from the pattern.  I'd like to say that I was being a rebel, but it was actually because I didn't calculate my fabric correctly and didn't have enough to do the outer border.  But I think it works without the border.


Some of the fishing shacks are brightly coloured.


It was fun having a proper quilt photo shoot with friends to provide assistance.


The sun was shining, and it was one of the best 11 hours I had spent in a very long time.  I was so glad to have some quality time with good quilty friends.  I'm looking forward to more of these days in the future.


Dena took a photo of Linda, Beth, and myself just before we left Blue Rocks.


We then headed to Bridgewater, and our friend Val was happy to sell us fabric.  On the way home, I stopped and bought two pairs of shoes.  Thanks for an awesome day, friends.  We need to do it again.

Don't forget to visit Cindy to see her version of Woven and to see versions from other testers.


9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quilt and photos. I can tell the day at Blue Rocks was a balm in the middle of this crazy pandemic. I've had some Kona Highlight in my stash for a long time but I haven't use it yet. It's beautiful here with the orange and magenta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt and photo spot in awesome. It does make me a little homesick. Sounds like a wonderful way to spend a day with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quilt Anja! The photos are just beautiful and it sounds like you had an amazing day. Hopefully, we’ll be able to have many more of those days soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Anja for taking the quilt you made for my pattern on such a lovely outing! The photos are gorgeous and I love the quilt without the borders. Thank you for testing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors you chose for your quilt, Anja! It does work without the border, too. Those photos are beautiful - looks like a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was a really fun day, hopefully we will get to do something fun again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilt and such a stunning location for a photo shoot. I can’t wait until we can travel again and a return to the Maritimes is high up on my list. 😄

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your quilt and that is an amazing photo spot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay so I must be writing comments in my dreams, because I read this post, remember grinning at the last photo and oohing at the first...I love your rendition of Cindy's great pattern, and I am sure she won't mind that you altered it slightly!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.