Sunday, February 5, 2023

Project Quilting 14.3 - 54-40 or Fight Block

The third challenge for Project Quilting -- hosted by Kim @ Persimon Dreams and Trish @ Quilt Chicken -- is the 54-40 or Fight block.

I started this on Sunday when the theme was released.  So I thought I'd make nine blocks and make a baby quilt.  I strip pieced the 4-patch blocks.  And then I had a hectic week and was scrambling last night to manage a finish by the deadline. 😉


The blocks finish at 12-inches.  I made the blocks as designed.


But I rotated some of the blocks to create a secondary pattern.


I've made baby quilts for all three challenges so far.  Which has turned out in my favour, as there have been several babies born in my circle recently.





3 comments:

  1. I love the touch of orange in the binding, Anja. I'm sure this quilt will be loved and appreciated, and I'm still amazed at the size quilts you have made each week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohhh...I just LoVe how this one turned out. Well done...xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quilt ... and I amazed at you making one a week. You are a quilting machine!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.