Wednesday, April 13, 2016

WIP Wednesday - Klenck Junk

I love living in my comfort zone -- doing things I know and am comfortable with.  But I do know it's important to get outside of that box in order to grow and learn new things.  My quilting friends have been known to coax me out of the box, but generally with me kicking and screaming.  In an attempt to continue trying new things, I decided that this year was all about Yes.  If an opportunity presented itself, I would say Yes (where possible).

Here is one Yes that I was a bit excited about.  Val @ Purple Boots and Pigtails asked for volunteers to participate with a project.  Her One Mans Junk seemed like a great way to get outside of the box.  So I put my hand up and volunteered.  And then she said participants could only use the fabric that was in the scrap bag.  Ummm...what???  Excitement gone.

Here's what Val created.  It's been a challenge trying to figure out what to add using only the scraps in the bag.


Then I had an idea.  Excitement returned!  Here's a tiny glimpse of what I'll be adding to the project.


As I was about to start adding my sections, I had another idea.  So now I'm off to figure out how to incorporate this new idea.  Stay tuned for an update.


Linking up with:

Let's Bee Social @ Sew Fresh Quilts
WIP Wednesday @ The Needle and Thread Network
Midweek MakersQuilt Fabrication


17 comments:

  1. Exciting! I am definitely curious and I hope the new idea incorporated easily. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure do like your block, and look forward to seeing what you come up with next in this pursuit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just made me think of the Jim Carrey movie Yes Man. I'm very intrigued to see where this project is going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I've been wondering about this lil project....can't wait to see your addition!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I've been wondering about this lil project....can't wait to see your addition!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this will be fun! I love that flower print--straight out of the 70's, but perfect for today, too. I can see what a challenge it is to add using only the scrap bag, but look at it this way: you're the first one to add to the quilt, so you have lots more choice than whoever gets to be last!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I can't wait to see what you've come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks "exciting"! Can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That sounds fun and intimidating at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like how you've been N a bit of a rollercoaster with the excitement/got nuthin' swings. I'll be watching to see what you add!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I`ll be sitting at the edge of my seat.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! What a shocker to only use scraps! I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Terrific idea - maybe I'll do something like this will all my scraps

    ReplyDelete
  14. Intriguing - looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm intrigued! Thank you for linking up to #scraptastictuesday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.