Sunday, April 3, 2016

Sunday Procrastination

Today was all about procrastination -- avoiding the housework, the laundry, quilt projects needing to be worked on, volunteer work...the list goes on and on.  I needed a quick sewing project, so I decided to make a few blocks.  I made the Stash Bee block for April.

Sandy @ Upstairs Hobby Room has been hosting a One Block Wonders BOM since October.  I don't know where the time goes, but I only just finally managed to play along.  March's block is called One Plus One.


I decided to make two pillows rather than a quilt.  I added a white border to make the 12.5-inch block into a 14-inch pillow.  And to continue with the procrastination, I quilted the blocks and made an envelope back.


Thanks to Dena for the suggestion of organic wavy lines on the diagonal.


A quick gift at the ready.

Now to see if I have enough fabric in my stash to make the December block into a quilt.

Time to get some laundry done.  Did you manage to make time for quilting today?

Linking up with the March One Block Wonders link up party over at Upstairs Hobby Room.


15 comments:

  1. I worked at the sewing machine all day! Just love your pillows! Great idea and so fulfilling. Much better than housework, laundry, etc.! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice cushion covers Anja. I've been cutting out fabrics for my Stash Bee tutorial for May.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute pair of pillows! Love the wavy line quilting, goes with it perfectly. :) That's my kind of procrastination!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made my Stash Blocks and had intentions of crashing a few other hives but got distracted. Maybe some late night sewing is in order for me! I really like the one plus one block, very sweet and they made great pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, a fast finish is very gratifying. Your pillows are lovely. I have been making zippered pouches lately and I am stoked. The wavy lines quilting is quick and gives an excellent texture without taking away anything from the patchwork.
    http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pillows. The wavy lines are a very nice touch. Welcome aboard!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pillows, I like the one plus one block.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to the finish =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anything comes before cleaning, laundry, cooking, grocery shopping...shall I go on?! Love your finish, the pillows are very modern and cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The One Plus One made up into lovely pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm still trying to figure out how you accomplish so much even when you're procrastinating....lol. The pillows are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the pillows and what a great use of single blocks!!! And they look fantastic, when you can see the heart shape instead of the plus!! Love that you are all interpreting the blocks in your own way!! One Block Wonders was the right name for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great gift - I love a cushion and these look like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great finishes! I do love the quilting on them. I may have to try that on the diagonal :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.