Monday, July 4, 2016

#Brave Quilter - Paper Piecing Conquered!

Riding a bit of a high from Glamp Stitchalot and feeling cocky about my paper piecing skills, I decided to set paper piecing as my #BraveQuilter June goal.

I jumped right in and finished off my Carolyn Friedlander row.  Woo hoo!!  And then I saw my mistake....are you kidding me???  I pieced a section in blocks 2 and 3 wrong (middle and right).  So I took apart block 1 (the least amount of seam ripping).


Success!  A finished row.  A few imperfections but all in all pretty darn good.


And then on to the airplanes by Rashida Coleman-Hale.




I just need to piece these two planes to the one I finished at Glamp.  Not sure in which order to put the colours.

I didn't finish the paper piecing blocks by Penny Layman as they don't appeal to me.  Maybe I'll work on them over the summer....or not.

Linking up with Pink Doxies as I'm a #Brave Quilter!!!



12 comments:

  1. Woo hoo Anja. Great job. I have found that the more I do paper piecing the more I like it. Like you it is growing on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done! You jumped right in and I like how your Carolyn Friedlander row turned out with the slight modification.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great - I get it upside down and back to front all the time! Really like the aeroplanes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What progress! Both projects are coming along nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on conquering your paper piecing goal. I'm starting to become more fond of the process. I just love the accuracy and points that can be achieved.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your paper piecing looks awesome! I still haven't taken the plunge and tried it, but I want to. The Carolyn Friedlander row turned out awesome, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! Paper piecing isn't easy, but you definitely conquered it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've enjoyed watching your project, and may have hinted that I was surely glad this was your project, and not mine. Paper piecing frustrates me! Your blocks look gorgeous, though, and I'm glad to hear you're being picky about which parts are worth occupying your attention. You've certainly had your challenges with the project, and we've all witnessed your bravery and stick-to-it attitude. Congratulations on being a #BraveQuilter, and linking up to finish June.

    Julie @ Pink Doxies

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work. I enjoy paper piecing and generally have a good time of it, but i'm currently working on a feather block that is taking FOREVER. It's really sucking the joy right out of it for me. :-/ Are the rows for all six classes going together in one quilt? If so, what a fun collaborative project!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wouldn't those planes be great on a kids' quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! They are looking good! I haven't touched any of my Glamp rows since we returned. Maybe this summer :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.