Thursday, December 8, 2016

TGIFF - Maker's Tote

Welcome to another Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday being hosted here on the East Coast of Canada.



I'm looking forward to seeing all your finishes from this week.  So I'll get the party started with my own finish.

Way back in May, I played along with May is for Makers and purchased five great patterns (which you can read about here).  I finally have my first finish -- a Maker's Tote by Anna @ Noodlehead.

This is also my first finish of my Q4 goals for Finish Along 2016.

front pocket - I skipped the snap

I'm so pleased with how it looks.  ðŸ˜€  Even after I forgot to change the bobbin thread before I sewed on the handles.  Oh well...

inside pockets

It was a little difficult sewing in the side sections.  It's definitely not perfect, but now that I've made one, I know what to do and not to do next time.

back zippered pocket

Now it's time for your finishes.  Link up your blog post showing off your finished project using the linkup below.  Don't forget to visit a few blogs to spread some quilty love and encouragement.  Please include a link and/or the TGIFF button in your blog post so your followers can also view all the great finishes.




If you're looking for other linky parties to showcase your finish, check out:

Finish It Up Friday @ Crazy Mom Quilts
Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Finished or Not Friday @ Busy Hand Quilts 
Needle and Thread Thursday @ My Quilt Infatuation

And if your finish is a bag, think about linking up with:






21 comments:

  1. It looks great for your first time using this pattern! The second time tends to go smoother and it looks like it should come in handy for many different uses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fab Anja, you've reminded me that I have this pattern I really should get around to making it ;D Great finish :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great!! I really like the colours you chose. Great finish! And thank you for hosting TGIFF this week! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great, Anja! I love blues and greens together :) Thanks for hosting this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your maker's tote is beautiful! Congrats on the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful bag, Anja! I love how ou challenge yourself! XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your bag and a great linky party anja . Well done on both counts

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's fabulous! I'm quite scared of making anything that is not flat. Your tots turned out so well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That turned out so great Anja!! I admire anyone who can make bags...one of my goals for next year perhaps!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks awesome. I don't make many bags so I admire those who get one finished up. Especially one that looks so put together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the colors in your cute little bag! There's always the first one to work out the kinks

    ReplyDelete
  12. The bag is a wonder to me. I've no idea how you have the patience to make something so detailed. Great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You too? I have seen those bags all over the blogland and seeing it here (done so beautifully and neatly) just prods and pokes me to make one too. It looks difficult. I am sure it was challenging to stuff all that fabric under the needle. How did you do it? Will I conquer the pattern or have a panic attack in the process?
    Hugs,
    Preeti.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the way this turned out. Great colours.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks absolutely fabulous, I love the fabrics you chose! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your tote - the colors, the fabrics, the white zipper, the pockets! Yea! Looks wonderful! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great result. That pattern is on my wishlist. Looks so roomy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your bag...so bright, colorful, and full of pockets and such. What a feat to complete all those steps

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.