Sunday, April 15, 2018

Finish Along 2018 Q2 Goals

I successfully finished all my Q1 goals for Finish Along 2018, and now it's time to declare my goals for Q2.

1.  Banner Year - I tested this pattern for Andrea @ 3rd Story Workshop.  Time to decide on a quilting motif and get this finished.



2.  Becca Bags - I've decided to use my New Zealand fabric to make some Becca Bags.



3.  Maritime Modern Quilt Guild Executive Challenge - A bunch of traditional blocks were put in a bag.  I ended up with Churn Dash.  The challenge is to make it modern.  It has to be a minimum of 200 inches in circumference.  I have a plan all drawn out, and I think I have the fabrics chosen.

4.  Wonton by Jaybird Quilts - I have a long list of WIPs that need to be finished, but yet yesterday, I decided I wanted to start yet another new project, so went shopping for fabric.  In my own defence, my LQS was having 34% off quilting cotton and wide backing.  I had to support them in their birthday month.  I may have supported them twice yesterday.  😂


It was this print that caught my eye -- I think I prefer the darker version.  The collection is Urbanista by Belinda for Studio e Fabrics.



Linking up with Izzy @ Dizzy Quilts.



6 comments:

  1. Oh Boy!!! New Zealand fabrics, and you have a friend down here. I know they will be part of a beautiful bag. The one on the bottom right, I used some of that to go into a bag that went to a friend in Colorado, so it is one that is so good at travelling from NZ to up North.!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good list! Totally doable right? :-) Love the fabric haul - and I think I prefer the dark too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Supporting your LQS is a must, at least that is my excuse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a lot you can do with a churn dash block. That project sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list, and well done on finishing 100% of the previous list. As for the churn dash, it's not my favourite but I do love it on point. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your list...and the full variety of fabrics. Are you making good progress? On behalf of the 2018 global FAL hosts, thank you for participating in the FAL.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.