Friday, April 6, 2018

TGIFF - QCR Table Runner

I finished the last project of my FAL 2018 Q1 goals!  This was a kit that included the Quick Curve Ruler Mini by Sew Kind of Wonderful.  Procrastination at its best, as I was dreading sewing curves.  As it turned it, it wasn't that bad.  Although, there was a lot of steam involved. 😊


I had no clue how to quilt this, so I did loops in white thread just to give the piece some texture.


I've discovered I can get decent photos in the living/dining room first thing in the morning.  Time to clean up my Singer treadle as it will now be making more appearances in photos.


The table runner is 14.5 x 35 inches.  The next two photos were taken in one of the offices at my work.  Good to know the lighting is decent for photos.


Patting myself on the back -- these curves look pretty darn good.



I'm linking up with the following:

Thank Goodness It's Finish Friday @ Celtic Thistle Stitches
Finish It Up Friday @ Crazy Mom Quilts
Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Finished or Not Friday @ Busy Hand Quilts 
Needle and Thread Thursday @ My Quilt Infatuation 


22 comments:

  1. I love the simplicity of this (though the sewing is not simple at all)and how the colors weave back and forth. It looks lovely on your treadle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your curves look great! The quilting is perfect. I love that texture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how easy that ruler makes curves. Your treadle is gorgeous - perfect setting for your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! It looks like ribbon curling down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful curves! And congratulations on finishing all your projects this quarter - that’s really awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those curves look great! I guess I may need to get one of those rulers I've avoided the temptation so far.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It’s delightful! Isn’t working with curves fun?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful finish and the loops just add to the effect. It's great that you found such a good place to take photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The curves do look great and what an awesome chair to have at work! Congratulations for getting all your Q1 goals met. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Neat! Love the curves. It's a beautiful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They do indeed - beautiful finish! I need to dig out my QCR ruler - never did get going on that pattern....

    ReplyDelete
  12. You definitely deserve a pat on the back....great curves.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The curves look fantastic and congratulations on finishing your FAL list for the quarter! It's great that you're finding a few places for photography. I absolutely love quilts draped over your treadle machine.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those curves look pretty good from here too Anja :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Luscious and smooth - love your curves. I am sure it would be a very lucky person who can get his/her hands on those curves :-P

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great runner! I love the soft curves and the photo of it with your sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Okay either I commented in my dreams on this post, or maybe on IG? I clearly recall the shot of this gorgeous runner on your treadle machine! Great photo, and lovely runner, perfect for Spring...if it ever comes...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those curves look fabulous! See! They are not so scary!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glad you're finding good spots for photos. I'm still working that out at our new house.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely runner, congratulations on a gorgeous finish! On behalf of the hosts, thank you for participating in the Finish-A-Long!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.