Sunday, April 1, 2018

Triangle Mini Quilt Challenge

Curated Quilts put out a call for Triangle mini quilts for an upcoming issue.  It totally slipped my mind until first thing this morning.  My plans for a quiet weekend, with sleeping in, were foiled by my nephew working 11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. for two days in a row.  So when one is up at the crack of dawn, might as well sew.

My brain wasn't working and I couldn't figure out the math, so I had to simplify my design.  It finishes 10.25-inches square.


The requirements were:  a square 10 x 10 inches (up to 16 x 16 inches) using pool blue, lime green, orange, light pink, berry pink, and/or plum purple.

I used Kona School Bus, Limelight, and Geranium.  I matched the thread in the orange triangles and and reversed the colours in the four corners.


I have no expectation of my project being selected, but I wanted to play along with the challenge.  It's nothing fancy, but I'm happy with what I accomplished in a couple of hours.


I am not a fan of hand sewing, but I have to say that I really like a faced binding on small projects.  This is the tutorial that I use.







13 comments:

  1. Happy Easter, Anja! I like the way you switched the thread in the corners. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Love to Scrap, good luck!!!

    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous. I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you had a great Easter! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at you playing along with the challenge. I'm so impressed. I put myself on their mailing list yesterday so I could play along as well. We will see if I get around to it but it would be good to try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bravo and well done, Anja! Didn't your thread choices pop nicely?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the choice of colors and your quilting is perfect. Will your quilt be featured in Curated Quilts magazine?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love that your brain 'wasn't working' and you put this beauty together, looks terrific under the Easter(?) Christmas(?) cactus. Love that you reversed the thread colours in just two of the three colours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS Thank you for linking up with my DrEAMi! linky ;-) It's a perfect do-it-and-do-it-now project isn't it!

      Delete
  9. Super fun mini! I really love the fabric and thread colours you went with. It looks fabulous on that little table.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Reversing the thread colours is a great design detail!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree that a faced binding is perfect on this. I like the bold colours too, even though I know I would be too chicken to be that wonderfully bold. 😉

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.