Friday, April 20, 2018

TGIFF - Fancy Fox

My LQS asked if I would teach a class on Elizabeth Hartman's Fancy Fox pattern.  I choose Fancy Fox II because the blocks are larger.  I'm not exactly sure when the class will be, but I had to get some samples ready now.

Here is the Gigantic block to make a 30 x 36 baby quilt.


Loopy free motion quilting in variegated thread.


And the 20-inch pillow.  I put in a hidden zipper using this tutorial.


Winter won't let go -- the grass looks horrible.


And indoor photo as the green background didn't photograph well outside.




I'm linking up with the following:

Thank Goodness It's Finish Friday @ Dizzy Quilts
Finish It Up Friday @ Crazy Mom Quilts
Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Finished or Not Friday @ Busy Hand Quilts 
Needle and Thread Thursday @ My Quilt Infatuation 


19 comments:

  1. They perfectly coordinate and it sounds like a fun class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute Mr Fox. My mother has a treadle sewing machine which she uses regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! I really like the supersized Fancy Fox! Must go together fairly quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! Neat that you'll be teaching one of her patterns since we took a class with her at Glamp :) Have fun teaching the class :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable love the green! I need to start taking pictures with my Singer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun teaching! I'm sure students will appreciate the big blocks so they get more accomplished! Your versions are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute, I love the big and little foxes! Have fun teaching!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quite the difference from inside to out! It looks more yellow-green outside. I hear you on the grass. It's sure a cute quilt and pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute foxy duo! And I love the old treadle machine, a perfect photo prop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the teaching gig! And smart call on the larger size. I've only made one of the small ones but found it fiddly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute ❤️❤️❤️❤️ Great combo, pillow and a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute little gift this would make. Congrats on the class, sounds fun! I love that zipper tutorial...I use it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute, cute, cute! What a fun class this will be!

    ReplyDelete
  14. At least you can see your grass, lol! Ours is still mostly covered in snow, with only patches here and there showing through. Your foxes are both adorable and perfect for a class. Have fun teaching :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want to make this one. I wonder when the next baby will be added to our family? Maybe I should just go for it, then I'll have a quilt waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely quilt and matching cushion Anja and I love the shot with the vintage treadle, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love love love the FMQ. It look so neat, I am jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Snap! I have just pulled out the fancy forest pattern and some fabric to make foxes too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.