Friday, July 20, 2018

TGIFF - Dresden Plate Pillow

I tried something new -- Dresden plate.  I keep seeing Dresden plate projects, specifically over at Musings of a Menopausal Melon and at Patchwork n Play.

I purchased a generic Dresden plate ruler at our guild yard sale.  There were no instructions on the packaging, but I think I did a good job figuring it out.  It didn't lie perfectly flat, but a bit of steamy pressing did the trick.  😊


Aren't those foxes adorable.  I don't know the fabric -- they were a gift from a friend.


I decided to make a 16-inch pillow for a quick finish.  I used Kona White and Curry.  After I put the binding on, I realized I should have added more quilting.


I decided to give the front yard another try for photos, as I seem to be getting good photos there lately.


And since pillows are easier to photograph, a photo beside another bush in the front yard.


Pillows may be my new to-go project -- they are easier and quicker to make than quilts.


I think this pillow will go to the charity I talked about last week.


If you have a finish this week, consider sharing it at:

Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday @ Quilting and Learning
Finished or Not Friday @ Busy Hands Quilts
Needle and Thread Thursday @ My Quilt Infatuation




16 comments:

  1. Hi Anja, that is a really lovely pillow. Those foxes are adorable. I read your Plus Playtime post a while back when you were having problems taking photos. I get my best results on a sunny day, but in the shade. You might want to give that a try.
    Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cushions are my go-to project. As you say, they are quick and easy to make.
    The fox fabric is perfect for this fussy cutting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the foxes and the colours go so well together. Cushions or wall hangings are great for quick projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - what a fun, quick make! I did a Dresden table runner about three or four years ago and really enjoyed it. Maybe a pillow is in order. The fussy cutting is great Anja!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet way to feature the foxes! The Curry looks great with it and you clearly sorted out how to use the Dresden plate ruler. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to think I didn't like Dresden plates, but there are so many exciting ways to make them. I love this, the foxes are on a carousel. There is a nursery rhyme about foxes losing their soxes. It made me think of this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pillow. The foxes are super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks great Anja. I love how you fussy cut the foxes and I love how Modern this Dresden plate looks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love those foxes! And the mustard colour is a good match too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great use of the fox fabric. I am into quick projects at the moment.....instant gratification.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so cute! What a great job of fussy cutting you did. someone will definitely enjoy this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You pillow looks great. I love your colour combination and the fussy cutting :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Dresden Plates and you have put such a great, modern spin on yours with your fabric choices and fussy cutting Anja!
    Thanks for linking up to New to Me too

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome fussy cutting of those foxes. - a lovely pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's a lovely pillow, Anja. Congratulations on your first Dresden Plate with sweet little foxes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice fussy cutting! I really really like the squared off edges of the dresden. Makes it very modern looking.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.