Friday, November 23, 2018

TGIFF - Potter's Wheel QAL

As you may have seen, I played along with the Potter's Wheel QAL hosted by Briar Hill Designs.  You can read about the pillow I made from the scraps.

This pattern is all about curves.  But they were easy to cut with the Circle Cut ruler.  I used Kona PFD Bleached White for the background.


They sewed together very easily and quickly...a nice gentle curve.


Add some sashing and a centre square to get an amazing block.


Deep breath....cut two blocks in half.


And in a blink of an eye, a finished quilt.


I took the easy route and quilted organic wavy lines.  I quilted this while at Sewtopia a few weeks ago.  I wasn't happy with the quilting.  I found it hard to quilt with limited space and not being in my regular sewing space.  But I think once it's washed, it will be okay.


We've had some snow, but luckily, it didn't stay long.  When I took these photos, one part of the yard was bare.


And this part had a little bit of snow.  I wonder if we can make it to spring with this amount of snow.....


There's a sale over at Briar Hill Designs in case you wanted to get this (or another) pattern.


If you have a finish this week, consider sharing it at:


Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday @ Slice of Pi Quilts
Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict 
Finished or Not Friday @ Busy Hands Quilts
Needle and Thread Thursday @ My Quilt Infatuation
Brag About Your Beauties @ From Bolt to Beauty




11 comments:

  1. Hi Anja! What a great finish. I just LOVE the center square and sashing. It make for some amazing blocks!! Oooh, I had to take a big breath with you when you cut that block in half . . . but I see why it was necessary. Very, very nice! You quilting choice enhances the whole project and doesn't detract from the stars - the blocks and fabrics. Happy Happy Saturday! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the center squars makes the whole quilt pop. We had some but it left as quick as it came, rain today which I'll take over the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great finish, Anja!! The bright colors are sure to warm up any space.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Something tells me you are going to get much more snow yet, but we'll see. It would definitely take a deep breath to prepare to cut 2 blocks in half. It's amazing how used we get to our spaces being just so. You had a really productive time at Sewtopia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this design! I think I need to make this design. It’s time I challenged myself again with some curves. Does this pattern make a big block? Maybe I should go read your cushion post again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful finish, Anja. I would have had to think about that cutting for a few minutes or more. Your more adventurous than I. I love the pillow you made as well as the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the finish! I love the quilt. The block looks impressive. And I love the half blocks at the sides. But I can relate - cutting that block in half... huiii

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful finish. Very nice sewing on those curves and a nice colour mix.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with Melanie: Those blocks *are* impressive. Well done! A question for you, Anja ... Do you run into any problems using the PFD fabric? Since it's specifically made to accept dyes, do you encounter any issues with colors bleeding onto it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Anja! It’s the prettiest one I’ve seen so far!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the bright green binding best I think! It suits the quilt perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.