Friday, November 16, 2018

TGIFF - Potter's Wheel Scraps Pillow

I've been playing along with the Potter's Wheel QAL hosted by Briar Hill Designs.  I'll be sewing on the binding this weekend.

There were good-sized scraps after cutting the curved pieces.  Briar Hill Designs offered suggestions on how to use the scraps, but I wasn't interested in cutting the scraps and then sewing them together.  So I just sewed the scraps together.


I was able to cut a 3.5-inch square and a 2.5-inch white square from each.


There were a few layout designs I considered before finally deciding on this one.  I did organic wavy lines in the background.


I had a fun decor weight fabric for the back.  Kona Water for the binding.


A little something to have on hand for a donation or a last-minute gift.


I'll share my baby quilt finish next week.


If you have a finish this week, consider sharing it at:


Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday @ Alycia Quilts
Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict 
Finished or Not Friday @ Busy Hands Quilts
Needle and Thread Thursday @ My Quilt Infatuation
Brag About Your Beauties @ From Bolt to Beauty



10 comments:

  1. Now isnt that cute!! What a great way to use up the leftovers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great pillow and scraps are used a win win.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anja! Oh my, I love this pillow! The movement that block has is amazing, and I love how it looks like ripples. The background fabric is just perfect to continue the theme. LOVE! Happy Saturday to you! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing finish out of scraps! Love the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea for sewing your curved scraps....sew then cut. I love the pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of scraps Anja. It's such a vibrant pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES! I love that you put these scraps to good use. Hmm ... I need to make more pillows. They do make great gifts, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely pillow! I'm sure it would be very much appreciated for anyone that you would need a gift for. Handmade items are always the best (well, I think so anyway)!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.