Sunday, January 13, 2019

Project Quilting 10.1 - Hope Springs Eternal

Project Quilting is an annual challenge hosted by Kim @ Persimon Dreams.  The first theme is Hope Springs Eternal.  I struggled for a few days trying to come up with an idea.  I kept thinking about new flowers growing, wishing well, etc.

After playing around on the computer, I finally decided on the dove from Noah's ark.  Noah had hope (and faith) that God would save them and that they would find land.  I ran out of time, so my piece is very simple -- the dove and the corner of Noah's Ark.


 The dove returned with an olive branch, evidence of land.


I was having trouble with my machine, so organic wavy lines instead of waves and clouds.


This piece finishes at 13 x 18 inches and uses Kona White, Chocolate, Black, and Holly.

I used the Crafted Applique method created by Lara @ Buzz in Bumble.

Are you playing along with Project Quilting this season?



12 comments:

  1. Your piece may be simple and not what you originally envisioned, but it's beautiful and perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What better symbol of hope. Very good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your piece! Simple maybe but it is perfect for the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this! It is a perfect picture of hope!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your dove! This is beautiful in its simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This quilt meets the challenge so perfectly. I hope to join the challenges on later dates.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely mini! Congratulations on your finish! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome dove! So very pretty. I like your organic lines also! Enjoy your day! :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. it's so pure and beautiful! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea! Your dove looks so realistic!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.