Friday, November 27, 2020

TGIFF - Gazebo Table Topper

The last pattern in the Journey 2 Nebula QAL hosted by Jaybird Quilts was Gazebo.

I shared in my progress post that I was going to attempt to use my ruler foot.  I was pleasantly surprised at how well my domestic Singer sewed.  Now there was a different story with the operator.....LOL
 

I decided to keep it simple -- using the ruler that came with my Westalee ruler foot.  Straight lines in the half hexagons.  It was a challenge making sure to move both the ruler and the fabric at the same time.


The curved side of the ruler was a huge challenge.  I'll stick to the straight lines for now.


I have another quilt top in mind that I'd like to do ruler work on, but I think I need another practice piece first.


 
I'm linking up with:

Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday @ Slice of Pi Quilts
Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Finished or Not Friday @ Alycia Quilts
Needle and Thread Thursday @ My Quilt Infatuation
Brag About Your Beauties @ From Bolt to Beauty
Friday Foto Fun @ Powered by Quilting 


9 comments:

  1. Looks good! Not bad at all for the first time, you should have seen mine. It was not pretty and may have involved some stitch ripping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curve rulers are definitely a challenge. It's why I tend to use my Hera marker to mark curves these days instead. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your fabrics is this! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dotted fabrics are perfect for this piece. I think you did a good job, particularly in the center. I read a blogger who said any line of stitching that doesn't go perfectly is because quilting should be organic. If I follow that line of thinking, all of my quilts could be certified as organic by the Food and Drug Administration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilting doesn't look bad at all - great job! I bought a ruler foot and some rulers for my Juki, but the results were horrible. Lots of skipped stitches and I had a really hard time with the need to move the fabric AND the ruler. I should try again though...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I really like that quilting - it totally enhances your quilt! fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amja you did awesome! It's a learning curve, so don't judge yourself harshly at all. This piece turned out just terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's looks great, Anja! I can see that moving the fabric and the ruler at the same time would be a challenge. I have a couple of rulers I bought before I realized you also need the ruler foot, which I don't have. One of these days I'll get the foot and give it a try.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.