Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Scraptastic Tuesday - Drawstring Bags

I love the drawstring bag tutorial by Jeni @ In Color Order.

A fellow Girl Guide leader has been awarded one of the Royal Bank of Canada's Make 150 Count grants to celebrate Canada's 150th birthday.  It is a service-based grant to inspire youth to make a change.  Guider K's project is related to poverty and will be creating 50 Birthday Bags.  The bags will contain everything to throw a birthday party -- children should be able to celebrate a birthday despite their family's financial circumstances.

I decided to help out and make some bags to hold all the birthday items (cake mix, can of frosting, birthday candles, balloons, birthday hats, streamers, and a birthday card).  A few of my guild mates have offered to make some bags as well.  So I dug through the larger pieces in my scrap bag -- here are two of the five bags I've made so far.


I need to step up my sewing production this weekend.  I'm not sure I'll be able to make 50 bags before the end of February, but I'm going to try my best.



Linking up with:

    





9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful idea and I can only imagine the joy this will bring to someone. Thank you so much for making bags for the cause.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You Canadian quilters are prolific! Quilts and bags! What a great way to commemorate a special birthday! Thanks for linking up with #scraptastictuesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a kind gesture and a grand idea! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty sure if you pull off 50 bags by the end of the month you deserve a medal. What a great way to help Canada celebrate its birthday than by helping children celebrate theirs. Warms my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS. If anyone can do it, it will be you, Anja :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so sweet and the bags are lovely. I think you have been plenty productive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful way to spend the grant. The bags are adorable and I'm sure will be much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a wonderful project. I'll be cheering you on as you make more bags. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.