Friday, February 17, 2017

TGIFF - MQG Swap

I signed up for the first-ever Modern Quilt Guild swap and decided to make Mini Rebel by Libs Elliott.

The 2.5-inch HST's weren't too bad.  But then came the 1.5-inch HST's...oh my, they were tiny...and I started to question my sanity.  But I kept going.


It took me a while to decide on a quilting plan, but in the end, I went with my first instinct -- diagonal.


Kona used:  Coal, Silver, Pomegranate, Carrot, Tomato, Black, and Berry


Mini Rebel finishes at 18-inch square and has been mailed off to my partner.  I hope she likes it.

If you have a finish this week, consider linking up with:


Thank Goodness It's Finish Friday @ A Quarter Inch from the Edge
Finish It Up Friday @ Crazy Mom Quilts
Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Finished or Not Friday @ Busy Hand Quilts 
Needle and Thread Thursday @ My Quilt Infatuation 


22 comments:

  1. Amazing! Your partner can't help but love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! Kudos for tackling those tiny pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is lovely - I love those tiny HST!! The colours work together so well - thanks for listing the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cool Anja! Those are small HSTs! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Die Mühe hat sich geloht, ein sehr schöner Quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A stunning quilt! Your swap partner will be thrilled! Great choice of quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! If your partner doesn't like it (a girl can dream) I'll take it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is wonderful. I love Kona and keep buying it by the yards (3 yards can go so fast sometimes!) I haven't quite gotten brave enough to buy a whole bolt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I was really curious what you were making with all the tiny HSTs. It's amazing, Anja!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fantastic little quilt! Your partner will be one lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. THIS!!! Love it. The diagonal quilting choice was perfection on top! Yup, question my sanity on the 1.5" HSTs--totally can relate! But happy, like you, in the end. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks AWESOME Anja! I love the berry too. It adds interest to the colour palette. I hope the quilt you get is awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Turned out amazing. Love the colours. I'm sure your partner will be over the moon when she receives this.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun little quilt! I'm sure your partner will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a whole lot of HST fun! 1.5" HST are enough to make anyone question their sanity :) Congrats on this finish. I'm sure your partner will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I still can't believe you made such wee HSTs. It's so un-Anja like! I sure hope your partner likes this one! With all the snow last week, I'm still waiting on mine to arrive. Darn you, snow! Thanks for linking up with TGIFF @ A Quarter Inch from the Edge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE IT!!! And yes, I meant to use all caps.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this mini Anja! My partner wanted Libbs too but I went HST instead of Y-seam :) And your quilting completely inspired me to do diagonals on my finish this week. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, my goodness. All that detail in a MINI!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.