Wednesday, February 22, 2017

WIP Wednesday - Christmas QAL

Lorna @ Sew Fresh Quilts is hosting the Have a Jolly Little Christmas quilt along.  I was late starting because I couldn't find any white tone-on-tone fabric for the background.  Who knew finding a nice white fabric would be so difficult.  As I circled my LQS for the third time (after having already been there two weeks previous and having visited three other stores), I found this grey snowflake fabric.  Although I don't like snow, I thought it was a great choice for a Christmas quilt.



The first block was Stockings.  I used Kona Chinese Red, Lipstick, Jungle, and Pesto.

12.5 inches

And then came the Mittens.  I used Kona School Bus and Carrot.

12.5 inches

And the most recent block is a Bow.  I used Kona Red and Chinese Red.

12.5 inches

It's not too late to join the fun.  Lorna shares a new block tutorial every two weeks.

I'm hosting Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday this week, so make sure you stop by on Friday to link up your finishes.

Linking up with:

Let's Bee Social @ Sew Fresh Quilts
WIP Wednesday @ The Needle and Thread Network
Midweek Makers @ Quilt Fabrication
Wednesday Wait Loss @ The Inquiring Quilter


11 comments:

  1. All of your blocks look fabulous! I love the clean look of the solids against the snowy background, Anja. So glad to have you quilting along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those blocks are the cutest! I can't believe it was so hard to find a white tone on tone, but honestly I really like that grey snowflake fabric. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. White on white is so hard to find. I love the grey you chose, it looks fabulous! Perfect for this Christmas quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking great - love the background snowflakes! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am still debating on this one myself with so many works in progress going on already! Great job on getting into the groove!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blocks are looking great. Love all the Kona.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving the background fabric but I do love snow....and snowflakes. The blocks are sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wasn't joining in , then I was but I haven't got started yet . Not too late yet . I'll play catch up

    ReplyDelete
  9. These blocks looks so fun! I usually stick with white on whites as well, but your grey looks really pretty! The snowflakes are perfect. You made me realize that, though I love my white on white, other background colors are so pretty. The grey is very calm and allows the brighter colors to sing! Thank you so much for sharing! BTW, I'm visiting from Midweek Makers at Quilt Fabrications!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.