Sunday, January 10, 2021

Project Quilting 12.1 - Illuminating and Ultimate Gray

This is my fourth year participating in Project Quilting.  Project Quilting consists of six weekly challenges and is hosted by Kim @ Persimon Dreams and Tish @ Quilt Chicken.  The weekly theme is announced at noon on Sunday, and you need to submit your finished project by noon the following Sunday.

This is season 12 of Project Quilting, and the first challenge theme is Illuminating and Ultimate Grey -- the 2021 Pantone colours of the year.


I started out strong at the beginning of the week, making great progress.


And then the week got busy, and this block sat for a few days.  I'm glad I decided on a pillow early on.  The key is making a small project, so if the week gets busy, you still have a chance to finish by the deadline.


Yesterday was all about quilting and finishing the pillow -- simple straight-line quilting using Custard thread from Connecting Threads (thank to Sandra @ Musings of a Menopausal Melon for the thread tip).  A simple pillow envelope for a quick finish.  I used my usual Hobbs Heirloom Premium 80/20 batting.

Now we get a break until the next challenge theme is announced next Sunday at noon.  If you haven't played along with Project Quilting, I encourage you to give it a try.  Sarah @ Sarah Goer Quilts encouraged me back in 2018, and it's been a fun adventure.



11 comments:

  1. Oh it turned out great Anja! I love how you quilted it. That thread is just the best colour! I actually first heard of using a pale yellow from Angela Walters. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna it is such a beautiful pillow. Great project. Isn’t Sandra just great with passing on suggestions and hints? She’s been invaluable with suggestions for my one day perhaps to be delivered longarm. Darn Covid. 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I really dislike autocorrect Anja. Sorry for the typo on your name

      Delete
  3. Nice job, Anja! A pillow cover is a perfect item for a Project QUILTING challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pillow just glows! It's a great interpretation of the theme. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how this challenge pillow turned out. I’m wondering what is the yellow fabric that you used? Take care, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your pillow! I agree small is best when doing these challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on the pillow. Love having a break and getting ready for the next mind boggling theme.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love your interpretation!! Great project.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! It looks like you used different shades of yellow and it really gives the block some depth. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.