Sunday, January 3, 2021

OMG - January 2021 - Stellar Stars BOM

Patty @ Elm Street Quilts hosts One Monthly Goal (OMG).  Last year, I struggled with linking up my goal in time each month.

As I mentioned in my January 1 blog post, I have one UFO (not including my two temperature quilts).  I won the pattern for the Stellar Stars 2018 Block of the Month by Cristy @ Purple Daisies Quilting.  I also won the monthly dyed fabric and matching thread collections.

I last shared an update in December 2018.   I fell behind and then I ran out of the background fabric - Art Gallery Snow.  I wasn't able to find any in Canada, and it was too costly to order from the US.

Here are my blocks.


After having a discussion with my quilt friend Dena and playing in EQ8, I have come up with a layout that uses the the blocks I have.  I'm going to use Kona Quicksilver as my new background.



My January OMG is to piece these blocks into a top and then quilt it so I can mark this project off my to-do list.



7 comments:

  1. I like the layout and can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much lovely potential in what you have here!

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anja,
    This is going to be a fantastic quilt! It'll be fun to see it come together!
    Happy Quilting! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for a plan! Good luck with your OMG!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This quilt will be a thing of beauty when finished.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.