Monday, January 11, 2021

Stay at Home Round Robin - Centre Block

Gail @ Quilting Gail is hosting a Stay at Home Round Robin (SAHRR).  Gail hosted a SAHRR last spring, and you can see the two quilts she created here.

In the usual course, a round robin is done in person.  Each quilter creates a centre block, and the block is passed to another quilter who adds a row/border.  Each quilter in the group gets a turn to add a row/border.  With the SAHRR, you are the only quilter working on the project.  You choose all of the fabrics and how you want to create each week's theme -- it's your quilt and you choose how you're going to create it.

There are seven bloggers participating, and each week, we will reveal our chosen theme.  You then interpret the theme how you wish -- you decide the colours, the size of the border, etc.  This is meant to be fun and stress free, as we all sew along together.  Since most of us are unable to gather to sew together with our sewing friends, this SAHRR is virtual way for us to sew together.

This week is for creating the centre block.  I decided to start with an 8-inch star centre.  I pulled out my EZ Flying Geese ruler to make the flying geese.  This saves fabric waste, and the triangles fit together.
 

I used Kona Orange, School Bus, and Natural to make my Sawtooth Star Block.  I haven't decided on my fabrics yet, but I will be using Kona solids.



Each week, there will be a linky party hosted by the blogger who designed that week's round.

January 11 - Centre - Gail @ Quilting Gail ✻don't forget to link up your centre block

January 18 - Round 1 - Chris @ Chrisknitssews

January 25 - Round 2 - Emily @ The Darling Dogwood

February 1 - Round 3 - Anja @ Anja Quilts 🠜 This is my round.

February 8 - Round 4 - Roseanne and Sue @ Home Sewn by Us

February 15 - Round 5 - Wendy @ Pieceful Thoughts of My Quilting Life

February 22 - Round 6 - Susan @ Quilt Fabrication

February 28 - Round 7 - Gail  @ Quilting Gail


I hope you'll sew along with us.



12 comments:

  1. I have done a number of round robin quilts over the years. So happy to have found this new idea on the first week so I can join the fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love orange so your block is especially beautiful to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet and simple. Why am I not surprised that it's orange :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can't go wrong with star blocks and orange!! Will be fun to do this sew along with you, Anja!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well that will be fun to make into a fantastic quilt. Can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your centre blook!!! And Kona solids? That'll be cool!
    Happy Quilting! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anja! Ooh-la-la! I adore star blocks of all shapes and sizes but this one with flying geese is right up there. How fun using Kona solids throughout this round robin! I can't wait to see what comes next. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. That orange sawtooth star is perfect for your medallion. It will be fun to see this progress. It’s so bright and cheerful 😉

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great, classic start! I'm curious to see if you stay with orange or if you add in other colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love star blocks and that orange makes your block sing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty block to start with, and so you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.