Friday, October 16, 2015

Mini Mini Mania

Have you seen the latest craze of making mini mini quilts?  I've been enjoying all the wonderful creations being made.  Yvonne over at Quilting Jetgirl has been making quite a few lately.

I then discovered that Jayne over at Twiggy and Opal is also participating in the swap.  I have been reluctant to participate as mini mini is a tad too small for me, but when Jayne asked if I would swap with her, I decided to give it a try and get outside of my comfort zone.

Here's my 4.5-inch mini mini that I created for Jayne.


I cut out the word "serenity" from a word fabric and made it the focal point.  Since I was already stretching my limits, no fancy quilting.  In hindsight, I should have hand-stitched the binding.

Kona:  Cyan and Poppy

This is wonderful mini that Jayne sent to me.



I then agreed to swap with Leanne @ Devoted Quilter.  I attempted improv, but it didn't turn out as I had pictured it in my head.


So I made another one, and this is the one that Leanne has chosen.



Anyone looking for a swap partner?  I don't think mini mini quilts are my new addiction, but I am open to trying a few more.

Linking up these mini Friday Finishes over at:

TGIFF hosted by Shelley @ Carpenters Daughter Who Quilts


Finish it up Friday hosted by Crazy Mom Quilts


14 comments:

  1. I love these little minis. I really like the last one you did. I'll swap with you if you like. Might as well give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you have succumbed to the mini mini mania! Next you'll be paper piecing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely have a knack for minis. They're wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen these mini minis! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! They are tiny! I have the serenity fabric, I love what you did with it. All the mini minis are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea to use a word as the focus of a mini mini! All three of yours are beautiful, but mine is my favourite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you have made 3 lovely mini minis! I would love to trade with you (the improv block looks great to me), so just let me know if that mini is still available and if you are up for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know I Iike minis, the third one is my fave!!! I'Il swap with you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been loving the Mini mini swaps that I've seen. I don't know if I have the patience to make one

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute, cute mini mini. I have some questions, if you don't mind: How small is your smallest piece? What is the width of your binding? My fav is the serenity quilt. Seriously love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bottom one is 4 inches. The improv one is 5 inches. I cut my binding 1.5 inches, and I follow Quilting Jetgirl's way of doing the binding.

      Delete
  11. Oh, my goodness, these are so cute! Once upon a time I liked working small. It's been awhile, but it might be fun to have another go at it, mod style!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh dear...squirrels...I'm trying to resist. I have made two minis, one before Yvonne started this wonderful silliness, and they both have become pincushions that I needed in two spots in my sewing space. No I'm volunteering to swap with you...yet... :-) I happen to actually like that blue and green improv one! (surprised myself as I'm not, at least I didn't think I was, into improv quilting!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are really cute - love all the mini and teeny tiny pieces and thought going into these!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.