Saturday, October 3, 2015

Whoomp! There It is!!!

Zenia over at A Quilted Passion has started a new linkup party on Saturdays called Whoomp There It Is.

A Quilted Passion


Some of the lyrics to the song are:  There's a party over here, a party over there.  Wave your hands in the air.  Well, I'm waving my hands in the air (like you don't care) for a great Saturday finish.  I made a baby quilt in two days!!!

I was fortunate to have the opportunity to test a pattern for Leanne over at Devoted Quilter.  Friendship Galaxy is a great pattern with several options.  Leanne's instructions are clear, and there are great diagrams.  I highly recommend this pattern.

I did the wall hanging version but added 6-inch borders to make a baby quilt that ends up about 38-inches square.  The pattern calls for different backgrounds for the two blocks, but I decided to use the same background fabric.


Here's a closeup of the double friendship star.

Kona:  Canary and Cyan

And a closeup my star FMQ.


I used yellow thread, and the back looks awesome.  So much so that I'd consider using the back as the front of the quilt.  In person, the yellow on the blue background is so vibrant and striking.



Head over to A Quilted Passion to see everyone else's Whoomp There It Is creations.

Also linking up with Show Off Saturday over at Sew Can She:




6 comments:

  1. Anja, it looks awesome!! The extra wide borders make it look like the stars are floating, and your quilting looks perfect. I love how the quilting shows up on the back, too. Thank you so much for testing for me! It's so fun to see what other people make with my patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOOMP There IT Is! I love your enthusiasm Anja! The song definitely gets you going. Thanks for sharing your fantastic finish. I love the idea of using a contrasting thread color and I look forward to doing it more the better I get at FMQ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Wonderful and Fast finish Anja - just what we need sometimes for gift giving! The quilt looks like a party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, Anja! Your FMQ is beautiful! Just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How awesome that you tested for Leanne and got this quilt finished in 2 days! I really like the stars you quilted in; they go with the quilt and theme really nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at you with your streak if posts... and Saturday link ups! I can't believe you managed thus in two days!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.