Friday, October 30, 2015

Friday Finish - ALYOF Goal Achieved!

Yeah for achieving another ALYOF goal!!  My October goal was to finish my Gees Bend quilt.  I showcased my progress here.  The "accountability" of participating in ALYOF has given me the motivation to finish projects.


Here is my version of Debby Kratovil's pattern.


First time attempting wavy/organic lines on my longarm.  Some are better than others, but I am happy.



I used the following Kona colours:

Poppy - Black - Corn Yellow - Jamaica - Turquoise
Purple - Yarrow - Grass Green - Pomegranate


I quilted with red thread and used a purple tone-on-tone for the backing.



This will be a quilt that I will keep for myself.

Linking up my finish over at:

TGIFF hosted by Jen @ Faith and Fabric




Finish it up Friday hosted by Crazy Mom Quilts


A Quilted Passion

13 comments:

  1. How awesome that the ALYOF link up is helping you meet goals. I struggle with liking organic / wavy lines when I use my longarm, and this makes me think I should practice on them myself some more. Lovely finish and hooray for making something to keep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can`t hear me but I`m giving you a standing ovation. The quilt is brilliant and Congrats for achieving your goal. I`d be keeping that one, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo! Another ALYOF goal achieved! You're a quilting machine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - that is a stunning quilt!! Isn't it funny how public accountability can be so motivating?!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I'd keep this one, too! The wavy line quilting looks perfect. Great finish! Congratulations on achieving your goal! Have a wonderful, funderful weekend! XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! Your quilting was a great choice for this top. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Red and purple 💓💓💓💓💓

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect quilting choice for this great quilt!! Love it and I'm so glad you are keeping it for yourself!!! So glad you linked up with ALYOF so I could enjoy the eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks awesome Anja! Yay, for just going for something with FMQ. I might be in the same mode currently... This is really a bright and cheery quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely hang onto this one. A group of ladies in my guild made some Gee's Bend inspired quilts and they were beautifully coloured - love the use of colour and improv!

    ReplyDelete
  11. And what a lovely finish it is! I love that you quilted w/red thread. I like the idea of using contrasting thread colors for quilting. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this quilt Anja, simply everything about it! and yay for finishes! I am definite going to stat back with ALYOF in January, it helped me so much with motivation and connection with my bloggy community. I thought a no rules year would be good, but I must say I have felt a bit removed from it all. e.g seeing this post is nearly 2 weeks old! Agh! Great work all around!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this quilt, Anja, love the bright colours!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.