Wednesday, October 14, 2015

WIP Wednesday - Gee's Bend

I'm making great progress on my October goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes.


The quilt top pieced together quite quickly.  I finally got my clothesline replaced on Monday and was hoping for a great photo shoot on Tuesday.  But alas Mother Nature did not cooperate -- it rained all day long.  So I had to take indoor photos.


Closeup of two of the sections.





Now to decide on quilting.  I'm thinking something simple so not to distract from the pattern -- perhaps straight lines up and down (or somewhat straight as I think I'll quilt it on the longarm).  I would love to hear your quilting suggestions.  Thanks.

Linking up my WIP with:

Sew Fresh Quilts         



12 comments:

  1. This top looks great. I love straight line quilting and I think it would be perfect for this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quilt top! Did you have a pattern or is it just improv?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, Anja! I hope that you have fun quilting it. I would definitely lean toward straight lines myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quilt. I would just quilt in the ditch in all the seams and let the design of the quilt shine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning quilt. I agree with simple quilting, like straight lines.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great quilt, Anja, but for the sake of argument (I like a good debate) I am going to suggest that varying quilting motifs would not detract from the design. Angela Walters has some really great examples, if you have one of her books, you can check it out (the patterns don't need to be as complicated as hers). Just another option for you to consider...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great quilt, I love all of the colors you used. I think that straight line quilting would look great on it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cool! How did the designer quilt hers? I am with Dominique - use different patterns. You know how much I like quilting straight, but I think not for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know how I missed this Anja. It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! It's gorgeous! Yes, yes, straight line quilting would look great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is so good Anja! Did you see Judy's Nod to Gees Bend? http://quiltparadigm.blogspot.ca/2015/09/nod-to-gees-bend-another-q3-fal-finish.html
    It is awesome, and might give you some ideas, all walking foot quilted. Will be looking forward to seeing what magic you do with yours!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.