Wednesday, October 28, 2015

WIP Wednesday- BQ3

Earlier this year, I purchased the BQ3 pattern by Maple Island Quilts from my LQS.  I finally got around to piecing the top.  Unfortunately, I didn't realize that the orange solid and the orange print were of the same value, so the pattern is not as striking as it should be.

Wow...there are a lot of wrinkles.

A view from the back.  This one might end up being a charity quilt.  I'm going to FMQ, using a swirl pattern.


This top pieced together very quickly.  The pattern has two block sizes -- 9-inch and 18-inch.  And there are six sizes included in the pattern.  I made the 18-inch block, and the top finishes at 54 x 72 inches.




Linking up my WIP with:

Sew Fresh Quilts         




9 comments:

  1. I think the quilt top is still lovely, and I'm sure if you decide to donate it someone will really love it. I always kick myself for not taking a photo and looking at fabrics in grayscale when this happens to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The seams when viewed from the back really give the pattern definition...I wonder if you could use thread color while quilting to create contrast at the edges of the block. Might be an interesting experiment, though either way I am sure someone will love the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Lori, the seams on the back really give the pattern definition. I'd play with the quilting, you might be surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's still a great quilt. Maybe straight line quilting in the plain orange would highlight them more

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lookin' good! Yet another quilt I have not seen in progress. This is a clear sign of the need for a Sew Day. I can't wait until survey is over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, a sew day is in order. Mr Z needs to come home.

      Delete
  6. Looks great! There is still a slight contrast and a good amount of blending which gives it a different look. I can't wait to see it quilted :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it looks great too, Anja, same value or not. But I do understand the disappointment that goes along with wishing something you've made would be better.

    Thanks for posting to TN&TN's WIP Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made my daughter a pink and orange quilt using Karla Anderson's Stack a New Deck book, loved it, not my go-to colours, but used up the last of her flannel backing for my latest finish. Maybe when you're quilting you can find a way to make the oranges stand apart somehow? These are sure gorgeous fabrics Anja!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.