Thursday, October 1, 2015

Throwback Thursday - October Edition

Where does the time go??  Jenn @ A Quarter Inch from the Edge recently started a monthly Throwback Thursday.  It's hard to believe this is the third edition.


Today's featured quilt goes back to 2011 -- thank goodness for the label; otherwise, I wouldn't have a clue.



Another quilt for nephew.  I don't know how many quilts I've made for him since I began quilting, but I'm covered for Throwback Thursday posts for many months to come.


Did everyone make a bugs-in-the-jar quilt?  It sounded like a good idea at the time.


This was clearly from the early days of learning to free motion quilt.  Thank goodness skills improve over time with practice.


 A wonderful stripey back.  I wish I had bought more.


Clearly, I was a terrible Auntie  -- no message on the label.  When I borrowed the quilt back, I thought perhaps the ink had faded.  But why not my signature.  Then my brain kicked in, and I remembered.  My sister had bought the fabric for me to make a quilt for Lorenzo.  So I left the label blank for her to write a message.  Clearly, she's the terrible mother.  LOL



Linking up for Throwback Thursday over at A Quarter Inch from the Edge.  Stop by and see what other past creations are showcased.


16 comments:

  1. Great aunt and lovely jars of bugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lucky nephew to have so many quilts made with love for him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so perfect for a boy. Love all those jars filled with creeky crawlies. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome quilt for your nephew! At least you remembered to put a label on your quilt. I never remember to do that. If it wasn't for posting pictures to FB I would never remember when I did anything :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your label recollection cracked me up! I do remember the jar quilt craze - I'll bet he loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous quilt! I didn't get into the jar craze but I know lots who did.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that stripey backing! And I love the story of the label, too funny! And what little boy would love a buggy quilt? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember this one! And nope, I never made a bugs in the jar quilt. But I was tempted. Thanks for linking up with Throwback Thursday @ A Quarter Inch from the Edge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a goodie. I did make a type of bugs in a jar quilt, but it was a paper piecing nightmare where I made the bugs! and there were lizards and things too... Must look back in the book to see where that one ended up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the bugs. What a fun quilt for a child.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never made a bugs in the jar quilt, but there might be one in my future depending on the interests of my grandson. I'm intrigued by your pictures because your jars actually seem to glow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute quilt. It's good to know FMQ skills improve over time because I'm surely struggling! My new little niece will be like your nephew, loaded with quilty goodness from auntie! She's the only little one in the family! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. No bugs in jars in my history.... and clearly none of my nieces or nephews are quite as lucky as your nephew. I'm a bad aunt.....

    ReplyDelete
  14. No bugs in jars in my history.... and clearly none of my nieces or nephews are quite as lucky as your nephew. I'm a bad aunt.....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bahaha on the sister barbs! Nope, I never did a bug jars quilt either. Gosh, I should hop into this linky one of these Thursdays...I have um a lot of material! As for bugs have you seen Jasmine's-Quilt Kisses-two bug quilts? One is "Caught" and the other "Escaped" !

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lol about the bad mother comment. The stripe print is gorgeous. Love the bugs in jars. Really neat :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.