Friday, October 2, 2015

Road Trip!!

I bought the Road Trip Case pattern by Noodlehead some time ago, but I only just got around to making it.

I had a few fat quarters left from my Robert Kaufman Girl Scouts USA collection.  Perfect...a new crest trader bag to take to Guiding Mosaic 2016 -- an national Girl Guide camp being hosted in Alberta next July.


I modified the pattern and made vinyl pockets on both sides, rather than the pocket options provided.


Working with vinyl is not easy -- although not very difficult, you definitely have to take your time.



I love this print.  It has so many positive messages.



Linking up this Friday Finish over at:

TGIFF hosted by Laura @ Quokka Quilts



Finish it up Friday hosted by Crazy Mom Quilts


9 comments:

  1. Kudos for sewing with vinyl, and I like your straight-line quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anja, I just saw the road trip bag pattern and was considering purchasing it. It looks perfect for transporting hand sewing projects when you're on the go. Yours turned out ever so sweet! I think i like it even better with your modifications.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, won't that be just perfect for your girl scout convention?! good job on the tricky vinyl, too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anja, this is wonderful, I have wanted to make one, even have the pattern. I have read working with the vinyl is hard to work with. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The vinyl looks great! I agree it just takes a deep breath and a bit more patience to sew than I typically allow, but how awesome you'll be able to see what is inside. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great little bag! Also great fabric! Where did you get it? I have a good friend who is a long-time (like 50+ years) Guide and Brownie leader (think she's pretty high up in the echelon or used to be) for whom I'd love to make something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All you need is to mark one side as keepers and one side as traders! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a perfect bag to take to camp. Guiding Mosaic will be great at Camp Woods. It is a great facility. I bet you are getting excited. If you have time on this trip there are a number of quilt stores within easy reach of the camp site. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.