Saturday, March 19, 2016

Hands2Help Charity Quilt Challenge 2016

Sarah @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict is once again hosting the Hands2Help Charity Quilt Challenge.

This is the sixth year for the charity challenge, with 573 quilts having been made to date.  There are three charities for this year's challenge, including a Canadian one.

I inherited some HST's from our Bee meeting this week.  We often bring items that we no longer love, and someone else will take them and put them to good use.  I'm going to use these to make a charity quilt for Hands2Help.


I love these colours and prints.


I made a few more of the charity blocks for the Maritime Modern Quilt Guild 2016 charity quilts.  The blocks are so quick to piece, I might end up with enough for two quilts.



Confessions Of A Fabric Addict



10 comments:

  1. Looks like you've got a good start on your quilt, Anja! Thanks for the shout-out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be nice and bright and will put a big smile on so ketones face! I love orange.! I've started my guild blocks, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty HST's. The charity blocks look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to upcycle blocks that were not going to get used. 6 years and 573 quilts? That is seriously awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great way to use previously unloved blocks. I look forward to seeing the finished quilts xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! Those look familiar! So glad they're going to be heading off to a new home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's heartwarming to see previously unloved blocks turning into something that someone else will love. Thank you for making charity quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These blocks were just waiting for a purpose, and this is a grand one. I really appreciate the bright, cheery oranges and reds with the soothing blues. A perfect color recipe for this. Sew on!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh I like those colors too. A great use for the blocks Anja! (I see Jenn is pleased, LOL) That's so awesome about 573 quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. THese are so awesome Anja! Last summer I started with a few rejects from our guild...and before I knew it, addiction set in, and I had made 10 quilts for charity! Just a little warning...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.