Friday, March 4, 2016

TGIFF - Colour Columns Cushion

I've been keeping this finish under wraps for a few weeks.  (Thankfully, the snow is long gone.).  I had the pleasure to test a pattern for my friend Linda @ Scrapmaster.

Colour Columns Cushion finishes at 20 x 20 inches.  After I made it, I cut it down to 14 x 14 inches as the Maritime Modern Quilt Guild is making pillows for a seniors' facility.  You can find more information about Linda's pattern here.


All the Kona fabrics were in my stash:

  • Ash for the background
  • Cyan, Turquoise, Malibu, Surf, Pacific, Marine
  • Parrot, Kiwi, Leprechaun, Grass Green, Clover
  • School Bus, Orange, Persimmon, Flame
  • Lipstick, Poppy, Ruby


My first attempt at matchstick quilting.  I added some organic wavy lines.


Found a matching backing in my stash.



Linking up with:




17 comments:

  1. I like how the matchstick quilting elongates the design into the negative space. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how you extended the colors into the background using the colored quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an interesting pillow cover, and that you are donating it to a nursing facility makes it even more special. There are so many things to love about it but I think my favorite are the colors. I have some of those Kona fabrics. They are stunning in your setting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how this pillow makes me grin! Yay for trying yet another quilting design! And whoa, to have all those Kona scraps...you may be tempting me to get more fabric...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's nice, but oooh that snow!!!!! :) come down under for some sun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how the backing matches the front both in color and with the wavy quilting! A lovely finish, great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great result! love the bright colours and the different quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! Your quilting is perfect for it. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet! Great idea to use it for #87pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet! Great idea to use it for #87pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks great! Love the way those brights pop against the Ash. And the quilting is very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks awesome Anja. I love how you quilted it. Teh quilting is looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Anja, it's gorgeous! I love your interpretation of Linda's delightful pillow! And how smart to cut it down to donate to such a worthy cause! You're special! XO

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely pillow design! The matchstick quilting really sets this off, and the organic lines are a lovely contrast to them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just fabulous, Anja! Thanks so much for testing my cushion pattern and what a great idea to double duty it and use it for #87pillows. The quilting is just the perfect choice.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's wonderful. Love the wavy lines.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.