Tuesday, March 22, 2016

MMM and More Mini Minis

Sandra @ MMM Quilts (aka Musings of a Menopausal Melon) sent me a beautifully-quilted mini mini.  You can read her post about it right here.

Loving the orange!

She named it Oxymoron because it's a plus (aka plus size) mini mini.  I have to admit that I couldn't figure out why it was called Oxymoron -- I was too busy admiring the beautiful orange colours and the wonderful quilting.

Photo taken from Sandra's blog.

And here's the mini mini I sent to Sandra in return.  This was my first time making a triangle mini mini.  I do need to work on my binding technique for a triangle shape, but I think I see more triangle mini minis in my future.


The pattern is Mini Lotus from Jaybird Quilts.


Linking up with:




7 comments:

  1. Both mini minis are awesome, and I am blown away by the triangle. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both wonderful! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and Sandra did each other proud Anja! When I saw the one she made for you at MMM, I thought of you immediately. Love that you did a triangle and the binding looks darn good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know Lara! She rocked that binding; I do not see what "work" needs to be done. I love seeing the minis in the snow and against the palm trees! Think there's some situational irony there...I absolutely ADORE my mini triangle, SO original, and Anja knew I love Jaybird Quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're both beautiful. I love the idea of a triangle mini. It's the first time I've seen one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My only mini mini was a maxi too. I love the triangle and the idea of all sorts of shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both of them! I've never tried a triangle quilt...I can see how binding it would be a bit different, but yours looks great in the picture.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.