Wednesday, March 30, 2016

WIP Wednesday - Notched

Today's WIP comes to you via a tutorial by Yvonne @ Quilting Jetgirl.  Yvonne created the Notched block for the Fabri-Quilt New Block Hop back in 2015.  You can see her tutorial here.

The 12.5-inch block looks complex, but it's constructed from 16 small-blocks (all the same block).


When I went digging through my stash, I planned to use whatever Kona colours I had the most yardage of.  I didn't look at the tutorial until after I had found the fabric.  And what do you know...I chose very similar colours to Yvonne's block.  I love the colour combination so I didn't change it.

Kona:  Deep Blue, Turquoise, and White.


I made four blocks to start to see if I liked making the blocks and what the blocks would look like together.  I love it!  I've got small blocks cut to make five more large blocks, so I can turn this into a baby quilt.


As I was admiring the blocks, I couldn't help think...how the heck am I going to quilt this when it's finished?


Linking up with:



19 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I love it, Anja! I am totally biased on the colors (as you know I love blue). And as for quilting - you will quilt it beautifully. I am excited to see you work on it more! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh... what a really interesting block! I test blocks too to see if I like making them... these look great, so I hope you "test" some more! Don't most quilters have the same dilemma of what to do with finished quilts?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no doubt that you'll quilt it beautifully, Anja! Like others who have commented, I love your colours.

    Thanks for posting to TN&TN's WIP Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was one of my favorite blocks from the hop last year. I love where you are taking it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhhhhh I want to do that (well that and 100's of other quilts ) Thank you for the link

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh... so crisp. (And good lighting on your pics again!) I think straight line quilting might be the way to go with this one. You don't want to take away from all the cool lines that are created.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it, blue is my favorite! This quilt is on my to-do list with the half yard bundle I won from the blog hop back when she made this pattern! How much yardage do you think you'll use by the time you finish a baby sized quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  8. You girls (and I) are both very fond of blue. So of course I love this! What a clever tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This appeals to me! Can't wait to see it finished! Great idea for a baby quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, beautiful, the colours look wonderful together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with all the "Ohhhs". It's a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes! I love this and really love it in the blues. It should be a fun one to quilt. Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's beautiful in blue but one day someone's gonna have to make it in another colour! Blue is my favourite colour as well but maybe I'll make it in orange!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love blue! And this block :) I think it's funny that even while we're still piecing a quilt top we're already trying to figure out how we'll quilt it! Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.