Wednesday, March 23, 2016

WIP Wednesday - Am I Inside Out?

I've been slowly making progress on the Inside Out pattern by Allison @ Cluck Cluck Sew.  I generally call my quilts based on the pattern or some other distinguishing feature, such as the orange quilt or the charity quilt.  I only just realized that the two versions of the pattern have two different names -- Inside Out Quilt with prints as the background and Plus Quilt with a solid as the background.  They are both still a plus quilt, but it seemed fancier to call it Inside Out.  So my Inside Out quilt is now the Plus Quilt.

This is a great pattern suitable for chain piecing.  This is the middle of the block.


And the tops of the plus.


Which turns into a 36 x 42 inch baby quilt.


The blocks are offset so there is no matching of seams to sew the rows together.


I used a new-to-me Kona for the background:  Natural


The blocks were made from charm squares I received in a swap last year with my guild, Maritime Modern Quilt Guild.


Allison tells you how to cut your block so that directional prints line up.


And once again...time to think about how to quilt this.


Linking up with:


17 comments:

  1. I really like your version of this plus sign quilt. It will make some child very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that pattern! I made one in the plus version with one odd in-side-out block. It was a fun make. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, having directions to keep directional prints in the same orientation is a detail that makes me happy. Huge bonus points to Allison and her pattern! :) The plus quilt looks great - I'd go for an all over boxy meander, myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought some of those fabrics looked familiar! Nice one...
    It looks much bigger than the size quoted....funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought some of those fabrics looked familiar! Nice one...
    It looks much bigger than the size quoted....funny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like it. It is on my to do list (but that list in kinda long...)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This does look like a fun pattern! Love the variety of cute prints in those charms, Anja. Wonder if the loops will make a return for this sweet quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh it's beautiful.... Would be a great stash buster.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anja I like really like your plus quilt. I agree with Lorna and the loops making a return.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love when you don't have to match seams. It makes things so much easier. The pattern definitely makes for a cute quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful quilt. Would a square stipple work for the quilting?
    I follow the same sort naming convention for my quilts - glad to see someone else does the same.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is great!! Love the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous, Anja! I may have to head over to Alison's blog and try out this pattern. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty - love a plus block quilt and kona natural looks really nice too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think you should only quilt the Kona Natural.... and with something dense. Those pluses will pop right out!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow!! I absolutely love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.