Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Scraptastic Tuesday - Charity Blocks

My guild, Maritime Modern Quilt Guild, is making charity quilts this year for our local children's hospital (they require quilts for babies up to teenagers).  We are making square-in-square block using this tutorial.  I dug into my scrap bag on the weekend and made 38 blocks -- it didn't take much time at all.  Linking up my blocks with Scraptastic Tuesday.



Here are my blocks, all from my stash of 2.5-inch strips and my scrap bag.


These blocks are so easy and quick to piece.  I'll be making some more, as I'm halfway to the 80 blocks needed for one quilt.





Also linking up with:




7 comments:

  1. Great choice for a scrappy quilt ! Are you aiming for a quiltful? Thanks for linking up to #scraptastictuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great fabrics for a scrappy quilt. Bright and cheerful. I think being able to use scraps to create charity quilts are the best use of fabric ever. Nothing like brightening someones day with a forever hug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bright and cheerful blocks to brighten someones day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great block for scrap busting, this will make cheery quilts for the little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a great block for stash busting and an easy one for charity quilts. I'm still amazed you stitched up 38 of them......wow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a perfect pattern choice for making these quilts! Your blocks are fun, bright, and colorful, and will put a smile on any child's face. When I get back next month, I'll start one, too! XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go! Nice blocks for a great project.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.