Thursday, March 3, 2016

Throwback Thursday - March Edition

It's once again time for Throwback Thursday!!  Head over to A Quarter Inch from the Edge to see all the TBT projects.

A Quarter Inch from the Edge


This is an oldie that I made for my sister.  I used this pattern for several quilts in the past.


This is one of my early attempts at free-motion quilting.  I started and stopped with each flower -- didn't know you could do a continuous line and join them.  Good thing I had friends who shared their knowledge.


And for some reason, it appears that I only quilted on the diagonal in one direction.  My sister hasn't complained so I'm assuming the quilt is holding up to the usual wear and tear.



What's in your quilting past?  Stop by A Quarter Inch from the Edge and share your project.


10 comments:

  1. Red, yellow and... Orange. Shocker! Your quilting skills have certainly evolved but the texture of the quilt looks lovely. Fun pattern too. Nice to get to know your quilty past!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very bright quilt, full of spirit! I'm still seeing that pattern around a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty quilt and I love that flower motif. I used the same method for a quilt quite a while ago. This sunny quilt is a sight for sore eyes at this time of year and looks fabulous hanging on the line!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great splash of color! It's a very pretty quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A quilt for your sister! Yay! <3 I also appears that your sister loves orange as much as you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm currently doing a quilt with individual flowers.....I had not thought about joining them....thanks for the idea. Now I need to do some rethinking. Love this quilt, especially the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Orange & yellow... hmmm. I see how your colour sense has evolved. ☺ I love that yellow dottie print. I had a big ole hunk of it in my stash. I think I bought it to make curtains for the kitchen in my condo. Thanks for linking up with Throwback Thursday @ A Quarter Inch from the Edge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lucky sister to get such a warm and sunny quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a bright and happy quilt! And I love the FMQ flowers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful quilt for your sister. I'm sure she loves it very much. Those happy little flowers just add to the fun and the love.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.