Saturday, March 30, 2019

OMG March Goal

Cutting it close to the end of the month completing my OMG March goal.  😉

I started this EPP project back in August.  But it's finally finished!

29 inches on each side

I struggled with completing this project because I did not have any more of the fabrics to finish the edges/put on a border.  But I found some more of one of the orange fabrics.  I had originally thought about a dark blue border, but I'm happy with this.


I've managed to get my domestic Singer to do some free motion quilting (which is normally doesn't like), but if I use Aurifil or Gutermann thread and crank up the tension a bit, I can get good success.

I started with a large loop in each of the orange diamonds.  And then I did an orange peel in the navy blue around the centre block.  I had planned to do something different for the rest, but I was having good success so continued with orange peel in the medium blue, and then did two more loops in the orange diamonds.


I got inspiration for this project from Jayne @ Twiggy and Opal.  You should check out her blog -- she creates a lot of great stuff.


Now to find another EPP project.  I really don't like hand sewing, but I do like having something to work on when I don't feel like sewing at the machine or don't have a lot of time to sew.

This is one of my FAL 2019 Q1 goals.




Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday @ Alycia Quilts
Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict 
Finished or Not Friday @ Busy Hands Quilts
Needle and Thread Thursday @ My Quilt Infatuation
Brag About Your Beauties @ From Bolt to Beauty
Show Off Saturday @ Sew Can She

5 comments:

  1. I think the fabric you choose is perfect, your center has a pop to it. I like the quilting it suits the piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun finish Anja! I like the quilting and I think the orange border is perfect - the blues really pop against it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful! I really appreciate EPP quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. COngrats on a great finish! The colors are really cool - I like how striking they are together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anja, I absolutely love this finish! The way you did the border is super attractive.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.