I pieced six blocks with the light background. I pieced the eight blocks on green background back in April 2017.
And then I made six blocks with mixed backgrounds.
I realized that I didn't have enough paper piecing templates, but was too lazy to print more. So I tried the technique of sewing along the folded line rather than through the paper. Genius!!! No paper to remove. I will definitely try this again.
And I screwed up when I was making the template for the large point. I was supposed to add seam allowance to the 7.5-inch block, but somehow, I only added a quarter inch, rather than a half inch. I didn't realize my error until it was pieced. I didn't want to waste any fabric, so I was creative in piecing the blocks together.
Ta da! A finished quilt top, around 40 inches square.
✔ Day 29 of the 31 Day Blog Writing Challenge.