Sunday, December 2, 2018

Day 2 of the 31 Day Blog Writing Challenge

It's Day 2 of the 31 Day Blog Writing Challenge, and I have a little something to share with you.

Progress is slow on my many WIPs, but I continue to work through my list.  These are some 4-inch HSTs I had floating around.  I'm not sure how they came about, but I know the inspiration is from my Stash Bee HST Quilt.

I decided not to plan the layout, so I pulled blocks from the pile and put them on my design wall.  These are all Kona, but I can't find where I wrote down all the names.


I did "cheat" a little.  I saw the beginning of this black check mark, so I moved one block to complete the check mark.


This is just a small baby quilt, 24.5 x 28 inches.  A little something for the car seat or stroller.


I think this will be a Christmas gift for my new niece who is arriving tomorrow by C-section.  I gave her sister a black, white, and orange quilt last year.  Just need to figure out a quilting plan.





5 comments:

  1. What a great idea to just pull and place on the design wall randomly. It also seems timely to gift to your niece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you just put them on your wall and played! A great quilt for your niece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent quilt! And is Aliyah getting a sister? Hope it all goes well for the mum and family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the black check mark! It's a nice, subtle detail :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the random layout. Isn't it funny that no matter how random, your eye always starts to pick up patterns?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.