You may have seen the first hexie coaster I made yesterday. Here's the tutorial if you want to give it a try. Here's the second one.
I decided to time myself making the second one to see if it does live up to its name of 5-minute hexie coaster. It took me:
- 5 minutes, 30 seconds to cut the hexies
- 1 minute to iron the hexies in half
- 1 minute, 30 seconds to lay out the hexies
- 1 minute to sew around the hexies
- 1 minute, 30 minutes to flip inside out and iron flat
Since the tutorial uses pre-cut hexies, this is definitely a 5-minute project. I see a new addiction brewing.
Here are the two of them together.
Now to find some coordinating fabric and make a few sets of four or six to use as gifts.