Monday, December 17, 2018

I Need an Intervention!!

There is so much to do in my sewing room, but what did I do Sunday afternoon???  Make more hexie coasters.  😮  And so I am not the only one addicted, I'm sharing the tutorial again.


I thought I'd try using just two fabrics.  Maybe I'll try three fabrics next time.


I took these late in the day, so the lighting is not the greatest.  I'm hoping this little Christmas cactus will bloom soon, so all three will be in the bloom at the same time.


My huge Christmas cactus is light pink, and the medium one is bright pink.  I'm not sure what colour the little one will end up being, but it looks quite light.



✔ Day 17 of the 31 Day Blog Writing Challenge.




Edited:  I'm linking up with DREAMI hosted by Sandra @ Musings of a Menopausal Melon.



9 comments:

  1. I like the two color versions you made, and I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds them fun and addicting to make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Christmas Cactus is just starting to bloom as well. I love the dramatic flowers it produces. Lovely coasters. I have the template sitting on my sewing table tempting me. Hoping I have time to make some soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Christmas Cactus bloomed in the early fall and has flower buds again. I have had it since 1991. The two colour coasters are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your coasters look great! I used to have an enormous Christmas Cactus. Yours is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your cacti! I only have middle success with mine but I keep trying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute coasters I can see why you are addicted! Thanks for linking them up to New to Me too Anja.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Several years ago I found this design as a potholder in a quilt shop. There was no name on the little print out in the kit. So fun and quick to make.

    ReplyDelete
  8. No intervention needed! These are so cute. I can see why you want to keep making them. The Christmas cacti (?) are lovely. How neat that they are blooming right on schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Quintessential DrEAMi! project right here folks!! I'm with Janine, no intervention needed; it's what makes us happy and spurs us on, is these DrEAMi projects right? Wow, you're doing so good on your blogging challenge! And your CC is GORGEOUS! I used to have one, but then let it go when we moved from Alberta. I miss that beauty, who would often bloom twice, once at Christmas and again at Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.