On Day 22 of the 31 Day Blog Writing Challenge, I have better storage in my sewing room. I am so happy I finally got around to dealing with the mess that is my sewing room.
I removed everything (and boy was it a lot of stuff) from the closet in my sewing room. It was jammed full from top to bottom.
A friend built some shelves for me. After discussion, he felt that it was better to install an adjustable shelving system. That way, the height of the shelves can be adjusted. And if the room reverts to a bedroom in the future, it would be easy to remove the shelves. He installed three 48-inch uprights ($20.32 each from Home Depot).
He installed 12 brackets (four on each of the three uprights) ($7.84 each from Home Depot, for a total of $94.08).
The four shelves cost $9.87 from Home Depot (total of $39.48). It is so much better than I imagined!
It's definitely not fully organized, but I've got all the stuff off my cutting tables. And it's easier to see all my WIPs (in scrapbook boxes). There's still a lot more work to do to finish organizing the entire room, but this is a great start. I need to get a few more containers to keep things neat and tidy.
My friend only charged me for the materials -- $194.52 plus 15% tax = $223.70. Money well spent.
The room almost seems larger because there's not so much clutter on the tables.