Friday, December 14, 2018

TGIFF - Pincushion and Needle Minder

You may recall that I mentioned I went to Sewtopia Boston back in November.  One of the activities was a make and take session.  Deborah Fisher from Fish Museum and Circus was on site and offered two projects.

The first project was a strawberry pincushion.  Mine ended up being tall, rather than short and plump.  If you squint, it looks like a strawberry.  😂


The second project was a needle minder.  I've never had one, and I love it.


It was a fun activity; although I didn't finish either project at Sewtopia.

Edit:  The yellow centre is the magnet; the white petal is foam; and it's on a pin.  Here's a better photo.


So it's great to stick in the sofa or a pin cushion, but if you're not near those things, it won't work.  Hmmm....maybe remove the pin and just let it lie flat.


I like a pincushion that lies flat, so I likely won't use the strawberry.  But I'll definitely use the needle minder.

If you have a finish this week, consider sharing it at:

Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday @ Kathy Kwilts and More
Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict 
Finished or Not Friday @ Busy Hands Quilts
Needle and Thread Thursday @ My Quilt Infatuation
Brag About Your Beauties @ From Bolt to Beauty



✔ Day 14 of the 31 Day Blog Writing Challenge.




7 comments:

  1. These are very fun makes! I like how the needle minder is attached to a base so it can sit on a counter or shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the needle minder and could see using one myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it's time for me to get my hands on a needle minder, too -- yours is so sweet! I recently took the cushions off the couch in my study for a deep-cleaning vacuum and found *three* needles -- ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Needle minders are incredibly handy and I like that you might be able to modify it to work best for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the needle minder. Think the strawberry is just a little over ripe, 😂😂😂😂

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both so cute. The strawberry looks like a strawberry to me . I have never had a needle minder before but it looks like a good idea. I'm always loosing needles.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.